Answered

Surround Speaker Select

• 28 January 2023
  • 5 replies

So I’m doing the setup for surround speakers but I just don't understand what the app wants here.
It asks me to get Infront of my TV and select the speaker I can hear.
But where am I facing? Towards TV or rear speakers?
Im selecting as you would face to the tv but it feels the speaker levels are off after TruePlay.
So what is meant here? Facing towards TV or towards Speakers? Sorry but this is just confusing and unclear since it changes the whole setup.
Maybe I'm overthinking here..

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 28 January 2023, 13:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Facing the TV, select the speaker location where the sound is coming from.

If you don’t like the Trueplay results, you can try a retune, or disable the feature to listen without it.

Hi Mr. T,

Okay so I indeed overthinked here.
I already did a new TruePlay measurement like 15-20 times now but the right speaker is just way to loud.
There is literally no option to fix this in the app, I can select just: 0.6 meter / 0,6-1.5 meter / above 3 meters.
No level whatsoever. It drives me nuts, on my hearing place I just hear the right speaker that is way too loud.

Maybe sice the right speaker is also close to a wall which is not the case for the left one. 

But that should be corrected by TruePlay?!

I tried now 2 iphones and since I own a larger setup also several one/ play one(LS) ..

This has to be a bug with Sonos..

Hi Mr. T,

Okay so I indeed overthinked here.
I already did a new TruePlay measurement like 15-20 times now but the right speaker is just way to loud.
There is literally no option to fix this in the app, I can select just: 0.6 meter / 0,6-1.5 meter / above 3 meters.
No level whatsoever. It drives me nuts, on my hearing place I just hear the right speaker that is way too loud.

Maybe sice the right speaker is also close to a wall which is not the case for the left one. 

But that should be corrected by TruePlay?!

I tried now 2 iphones and since I own a larger setup also several one/ play one(LS) ..

This has to be a bug with Sonos..

Did you complete both elements of TruePlay including the initial balancing of all speakers? If so, then change the listening position in that element to cater for the listening environment and it will change the balance of the speakers accordingly. I’m assuming here that your speakers are all working correctly.

If you think something is not correct, you can always go onto submit a system diagnostic and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue.

Yes I certainly I did it all.
As being said I measured like 15 times now. Using 3 different phones and a total of 4 rears. Of course surely i changed my position of measuring in. 

It’s now better after literally placing the phone more or less direct to the speaker.

Diagnostic: 634941510

I check with chat in addition, thanks a lot folks!

Yes I certainly I did it all.
As being said I measured like 15 times now. Using 3 different phones and a total of 4 rears. Of course surely i changed my position of measuring in. 

It’s now better after literally placing the phone more or less direct to the speaker.

Diagnostic: 634941510

I check with chat in addition, thanks a lot folks!

Maybe it’s something related to having 4 rear surrounds, as that’s not a ‘usual’ setup, but perhaps see what the Staff say when you contact them. I can only add that I have several HT setups with Arc, Beam and Ray, all include 2x surrounds and a Sub, but they seem to be balancing their audio okay for the chosen listening ’sweetspot’, although personally speaking, I would like to see L/R balance control for a Sonos HT room as I sometimes like to sit in slightly different locations in a room.