Answered

Sound Not Working Periodically

• 4 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 connected to HD Fury Arcana (v .80) & Sonos Arc Soundbar. It’s been working fine for months, but recently I started experiencing a problem. Like every other day I turn on the system as normal, but there is NO sound. If I unplug the HD Fury Arcana, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in, it works. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this? TIA

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 June 2021, 04:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It looks like the Arcana firmware updates have fixed the problem for some but not others. I am running FW 0.83 and so far it seems to be working fine on my system. I have a Panasonic ST60 plasma, Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra, and Panasonic UHD player.

I trust that the HDFury guys will get it all sorted eventually.

@GuitarSuperstar the Arcana firmware update did NOT fix my issue and several others in the HDFury Arcana forum. 

With the 0.82 firmware on the Blu-Ray remux some will play. If not, if I change Audio from “DTS 5.1” to “AC3 stereo” it plays audio, but not with DTS 5.1. Some 4Ks work with TrueHD 7.1 and if not, I change it to AC3 5.1 or AC3 Stereo and they play. Never had any of these problems prior to Sonos upgrade and Arcana 0.83 firmware update. 

They issued 0.84 firmware last night. I am still experiencing issues on 0.84 where Dolby Atmos (TrueHD 7.1) will not start playing and registering with the Sonos arc. I have to exit the movie and retry 2-3 times for the audio to finally start working. AC3 5.1  and DTS works fine every time. Everything was working fine with 0.80 until Sonos pushed their firmware update. I have turned off Auto-Update on Sonos for now to prevent this in the future. I have the Samsung 8000 series TV, Sonos Arc (using HDMI cable from Sonos) and Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

thank you! I will perform the firmware update. I will report back if it doesn’t address the issue.

Userlevel 7

The Sonos 13.X update is causing the problem with the Arcana. Go to HDFury’s Discord page and download the 0.82 V2 firmware update. Download the update on Discord, not on HDFury’s website.

https://discord.gg/yCRdfPw