sound lag

• 14 December 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have had the beam for awhile and just got the SL ones for surround sound and when I play anything on the tv or from my phone there is about a 5 sec lag between the beam and the 2 other speakers. But when playing music from the Sonic app it is perfectly in sync. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Did you actually add them as surrounds or just group them? If you just group them with the beam and have the TV on then you will get a delay. To sync music to different speakers around the house Sonos adds some delay.

If bonded as surrounds there should be no delay.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Eg17.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand what’s going on, kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.