Sound cuts out intermittently on tv with sonos beam and two play 1s

I have a sonos beam hard wired into my ethernet in boost setup with two play 1s acting as surrounds in my bedroom. When playing music, watching movies from apple tv the sound is perfect. However when i try to watch a movie from my tv the sound cuts out half a second or so every 5/10 seconds. Its infuriating. I have tried changing the wireless channel and the audio from auto to compressed. Im in china and the internet is not great but im confused as to why it works perfecyly when streaming apple tv or spotify but not directly from the tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Clark ross. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. In most cases, audio dropouts can be attributed to latency on the network or wireless interference. Let's have a closer look by submitting a diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps.

Thanks!
Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me. The confirmation number is 283494194.

Thanks a lot
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all. Happy to help!

It seems that the Beam is giving us errors pointing to the source of audio, that forces the Beam to mute. It seems that the Beam was receiving a stereo signal at the time of the diagnostic report. And since the audio is coming straight from the TV, your location and internet speed shouldn't have too much of an effect.

What is your TV audio output set to? I have seen errors like this, but only with Dolby Digital on some TV's.
Hi Keith,

I am using a xiaomi tv and the audio output option i can see is set to PCM.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Just to verify the Apple TV is plugged into the TV and the Beam is plugged directly into the HDMI of the Xiaomi TV, correct?

If so, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time and get a closer look at what is happening.
Yeah, beam is plugged into hdmi arc, then apple tv is directly into hdmi 2. I have just wondered if it could be the files i have downloaded to my external usb drive that could be causing the issue. Maybe the audio source on the file is only stereo? As i get no issues using blu rays, apple tv or xiaomis streaming service. Only on movie files i have downloaded to my usb.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is there any way to get a closer look at the audio format of the movie files on your USB? It doesn't sound like there's a problem with the TV passing the correct audio signal, so it leads me to believe that it could be something with the files themselves on the USB.

Our support technicians can set up a remote session and take a closer look at the USB and the files inside with you if you'd prefer.
Same problem with sound cutting out here. Would you be able to share a link with me to submit diagnostics?
submit a system diagnostic
Hi same issue here number i get is 1293300429