Sound cuts out frequently during playback

• 14 November 2013
  • 4 replies

I have a Playbar and a subwoofer and the sound cuts out frequently when I am watching anything (PS4, Cable Box, Netflix integrated with Smart TV). When I watch it using the TV speakers it works fine. The Playbar is connected directly to the TV using the included digital optical audio cable. Please advise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Robert,

Do you also have this issue when the SUB is not associated to the System?
Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this tread? I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre
I have the same problem. To resolve the problem I must switch from Dolby digital to PCM. Diagnostic number 3333034
The sound on my playbase keeps cutting out when I’m trying to watch pre-recorded shows (particularly if SD) on my set top box (BT TV). To get it working again I have to turn the TV and playbase off and on again. Is there a permanent solution to this?
Alikeeno,

May I recommend that you follow the request from Pierre C two posts above yours? It might help Sonos figure out why you're having this issue.