Question

Sound Behind Video

• 2 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Sony A1E television that is running android tv. I have a PlayBar, two Play 1's, and the Sonos Sub paired together to create the home theater setup. I  primarily use an AppleTV 4K for streaming hooked up to the TV. Starting in May, the sound would fall behind the video by roughly two seconds. If I restart the tv or Apple TV, the issue fixes itself. There does not seem to be any reason for the delay, and it will happen randomly. We can watch a movie, and it will happen an hour, or we can be watching tv, and it will happen 20 mins. When you disconnect the Sonos, the issue does not occur. I have replaced the Apple TV, optical cable, reset the television, reset the Sonos speakers, changed the HDMI cable connecting the AppleTV, and still no resolution. Any idea what could be happening? It should also be noted that I use a Sonos Boost and have a consistent 450 MBPS down.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Atxia, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

The delay can be caused by the Playbar not receiving the TV audio on time.

As it stands, the Playbar will play the TV audio as soon as it receives it. 

It is good that you checked the Optical cable as this cable is prone to breaking; since it’s using optical fiber.

We would like you to check for any TV firmware updates; because at times, manufacturers update the software.

We would like to take a look at the system. Please take a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation.

Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.