Question

Sony XBR49X900F + Sonos Beam 5.1 System

• 20 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I recently purchased a Sony XBR49X900F TV and love it. The wife and I would like to create a home theater area while also getting into the Sonos universe. I was about to pull the trigger on a Sonos Beam 5.1 surround bundle when I came across several posts in which people report lip syncing issues with Sony Bravia and LG TV's. This is somewhat concerning, but most of these posts are now several months old.

Before I drop $1500 on a 5.1 Beam setup, can anyone confirm that the Beam performs well with an X900F TV? I'd rather not go through the return process with an entire 5.1 system.

Thanks so much in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +2
Did you find out anything on this? I am looking to buy a 55" X900F though I will be plugging it into a Soundbar, not a Beam.

TIA R.
As long as the TV can pass a Dolby Digital signal to the Sonos, it should be fine. Either through HDMI-ARC or the optical output.

Sonos wouldn’t be able to deal with Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, or Atmos signals.