Question

Sony X900F and Sonos Arc Compatability?

• 15 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony x900F and use an Apple TV 4K for all tv watching.  I’ve read mixed reports about the Sonos ability to work with the X900F & ATV 4K combo, since the TV only has HDMI ARC, not eARC.  Has Anyone with this combo had success?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You will have to set Apple TV to output Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. There is a setting in the Audio menu. 

I, too, use Apple TV and a Sony television without eArc for all my watching. 

Also, be sure to either turn Wifi on the TV off or set Simple IP control to on. There is a bug with deep sleep on Sony televisions that cause problems with connected Sonos devices. If you don’t do this, you will have to reboot the TV every few days, which can get annoying very fast. 

I tried my Arc with my XF9005 and Apple TV and got stereo unfortunately. Depending on how the LPCM update works you may get surround audio then.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Flynnst0ne.
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

We do not have any experience working with the TV make and model provided. However, we can always reach out to other members in the community who may have the same set up as what you have. on the other hand, you may want to indicate what Sonos device or Sonos home theater speaker you may have so others can relate to what they have.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and let’s take a look on what is their feedback on this. 

Please let us know if you still have additional questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,