Sony TV sending hdmi audio from TV app only, not fire cube or cable box

• 24 February 2021
  • 13 replies

Sony Bravia KDL-60NX720 connected to the Beam will send audio to the beam only if I use an app within the TV such as Pandora.  I get no audio from either a cable box or a Fire TV Cube.   Both are connected to the TV using HDMI cables.  I get the same results whether I use the TV HDMI ARC to the Beam or the digital audio cable with adapter to HDMI in the Beam.  I feel like I've tried every setting in the TV settings and I'm getting no results.  Diagnostics when sound is coming from Pandora app in the TV using digital audio is 801032938.  Diagnostics with no sound when playing YouTube from the Fire TV Cube is 1960275942.  Diagnostics with no sound from cable box is 484444563.  Switching cable to the Sonos supplied HDMI cable and cable box input still no sound, test code is 681063180.  Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have Bravia Sync (CEC) setup on your TV?

Yes, when I select Device list the Sonos Beam is listed as well as the Fire TV Cube. 

Userlevel 7

Have you checked the settings in the Sync Menu of your TV? Can you post a photo of your current Sound settings on your TV?

Sync menu, HDMI Device Selection switches to the Fire TV Cube regardless of the current input.  I don't get an option to select the Beam. 

Userlevel 7

On your Fire TV Cube, turn OFF Dolby Digital Plus in the audio settings and see if that makes a difference.

No difference,  tried each option.  

Userlevel 7

On your TV, try using the Fixed setting on Audio Out.

No difference 

Userlevel 7

Have you unplugged your TV and Beam from power since you have had this problem? If not, try unplugging both from power for a minute or two. You might also consider doing a factory reset of your TV.

Userlevel 7

Just curious… if you disconnect the Beam from your TV, does audio from the Fire TV Cube play out of your TV speakers?

Unplugged TV, Cube and Beam for 3 to 5 minutes.  No change.  I did a factory reset yesterday before connecting the Beam. The TV has the latest firmware.   

Unplugging the Beam from the TV switches TV back to TV speakers and I get normal sound from Fire TV and from cable. 

I appreciate your help . I did a reset and no improvement.  I'm done for the day.  I'll check tomorrow evening.