Question

Sony KD-48A9 48-inch OLED TV

• 18 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all, 

Am looking to upgrade my home TV to the Sony KD-48A9, we already have a Sonos Beam at home which is paired with the current TV.

My question is, is it worth upgrading the Beam to an Arc? i see that there seems to be an awful lot of issues with audio cut out and actually being able to find content that can fully utilise the Dolby Atmos on the Arc so really not sure if its worth the upgrade at the minute?

Any help would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’ve got the 55AF9 and recently faced that dilemma. I booked a side-by-side comparison in Richer Sounds’ demo room. In the end I chose to go with the Arc. A much richer and wider soundstage. Atmos content may be limited at present but will only grow across the various sources over time. No issues so far , blown away with my Arc, Sub and rears setup. The Arc is future-proof hopefully but , as I’ve done, have a side-by-side comparison for an hour to compare them both and decide if the upgrade is worth it for you. RS provided Netflix, Blue-Ray and music sources for me to experience.