Question

Sony Bravia TV connection to Playbar

• 5 January 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a Sony Bravia KDL 55 EX720 TV that I have been unable to connect successfully to the Playbar. The fibre optic cable has the red light emitting from the cord when I remove it from the Playbar. There are minimal settings on TV, leaving thinking there is a compatibility issue with Sony Bravia TV's and the SONOS Playbar.
If I've missed a step or you're aware of similar issues let me know, thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you gone into the TV's audio settings to restrict the output to Dolby Digital?

The same thing goes for any input devices, which would have their own audio settings (Blu-ray, Cable, etc)
Badge
I have a Sony Bravia 45W5500 TV - it is not the same menu as your TV, but in my menu "Audio settings" there is an option "Optical output" where I can select "Auto" or "PCM" - toggling this setting solved problems for me when I have missing audio (or garbled audio) - it depends on which format is sent from the source providing the channel, but if you don't have audio at all in your soundbar then try to toggle this setting if you can find it. . if I remember correctly it should be PCM