Question

Sony Bravia optical connection to Soundbar

• 29 June 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a 2016 Bravia KD-65XD8599 - I cannot get sound output from the optical connection to the soundbar - can someone please let me know where in the settings I can resolve this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi, I may be able to help with your question as I've got a Sony KD-55XD9305 hooked up to my Soundbar & Sub and it's working brilliantly. The XD8599 should be the same settings wise.

I've got all my sources connected to the TV by HDMI and the TV to the Soundbar via Optical.

The settings on my TV are as follows:

Press HOME
> Navigate Down to 'Settings'
>>Sound
>>>Speakers - Select 'Audio System'
>>>Headphones/Audio Out - Select 'Audio Out (Variable)'
>>>Digital Audio Out - Select 'Auto 1'
That should be all you need to do as long as your sources are outputting DD 5.1.

Hope this helps
Hi - This did try some settings I hadn't but still nothing - I have just hooked up an older Yamaha soundbar but can't get anything out of that either - optical cable seems to be fine but that's next, much appreciate the response
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Have you tried the simple things, like:-
Making sure the optical cable is snapped in place properly (at both ends)
The Soundbar is not muted or turned way down (a friend of mine had this - he'd muted it on his phone controller by accident)

Just out of interest - Is this a new Soundbar?