Question

SONY BRAVIA AG9 Playbar

• 24 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi,
I can't seem to get my TV remote to pair with my Sonos system. Otherwise the hook up went as normal.
I have tried on numerous occasions, the Sonos system doesn't recognise my input on the volume button.
Any help gladly received!
Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Good morning,

You all were right. Contrary to what Sony says, my remote did not come by default in IR mode, it was in Bluetooth mode. I did unpair the remote with the tv from Bluetooh communications and that's it. Thank you.
😅
Hello everyone,

Forgive me my English.

I have been trying out workaround from Sonos side and Sony side, but it doesn't work. Even in Sony community, an user complains that having the remote in IR mode, the voice commands over the micro in remote, stop working because of the lack of Bluetooth.

If I get it, I'll let you know. Thank you anyway.
I no longer have a Sony, but Sonos has quite a few articles to assist you here:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/home-theater/tv-remotes
Hi
to setup your remote in IR mode you have to go in sonos app, setting in the dedicated room you have the system, and you have remote setup feature.
let us know.
Airgetlam please, could you tell us detailed steps to set up the remote. The remote is in IR mode by default. Early I had LG tv and I had to choose Phillips bar model 4 in order to control PLAYBAR with the LG Magic remote. Thank you.
Hi
ok thanks.
Hi, yes it does but it ses you need to turn the Bluetooth off for the remote.
Although, I have had to reset the via the App for some reason.
Hi
Does it work or not finally ?
Thanks
Is the remote an infrared remote, or does it use bluetooth, or any other method of connection?

Sonos only recognizes infrared. If you can force your remote to send an IR signal, it should be able to actuate the Sonos.