Sonos Switches From Music to TV

• 19 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I’ve been listening to music with the tv on in the background. Without prompting, the Sonos will change to TV. Is this the TV prompting the change? Why does this happen?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

There is something in the TV audio output that is tickling the “auto-play” function in the PLAYBAR, but you can turn that off in the app. It does mean manually switching it back going forward, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
This only happened to me with the Xbox One (changes audio modes depending on game).

Can you Mute the TV and try that?.

On normal TV autoplay is not an issue for me (will swtich to TV mode on initial TV turn on but that's expected).
I've Experienced The Same Issue When Listening to Music The TV Audio Starts; However, I Found A Work Around Instead Of Disabling and Enabling Auto-Play. While Actively Watching TV or MySelf Playing A Game On Xbox, Just Mute The TV Then You Can Listen To Music Of Your Chose Without Any Interruptions. Hope This Helps......
I've Experienced The Same Issue When Listening to Music The TV Audio Starts; However, I Found A Work Around Instead Of Disabling and Enabling Auto-Play. While Actively Watching TV or MySelf Playing A Game On Xbox, Just Mute The TV Then You Can Listen To Music Of Your Chose Without Any Interruptions. Hope This Helps......

Is there any particular reason why you are capitalizing every word?
Haha.....Creature of Habit....
Whatever reason, it is extremely difficult to read. If you want people to read and benefit from your posts, it is a habit I would try to lose.