Sonos - room definition

• 7 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, i would like to ask you. I have a specific room for proper Sonos setup. And my questions is:

1. Is it good to have soundbar (Arc or Beam) above the TV? 

2. Will be a proper spacial audio from movies and music, when i have a angled roof and high roof? 

I am adding a picture, how the TV (55inch size) is situated. 

Thank you for any answer.

Regards

Ondřej

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Your room shape and setup is not ideal, but it can still work. I would avoid getting the Arc because of the angled ceiling and location of your TV. When watching/listening to Dolby Atmos content, the upward-firing drivers of the Arc won’t be the most effective because of the angled ceiling. And the left side-firing driver of the Arc will be blocked by the left wall. The Beam would be the better option, and mounting it above the TV should be fine.

@GuitarSuperstar And do you think, that Beam alone will be a better than my old Samsung M360M, which have subwoofer? I am talking about the low freq from sub. 

Thanks

O.

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar And do you think, that Beam alone will be a better than my old Samsung M360M, which have subwoofer? I am talking about the low freq from sub. 

Thanks

O.

Without hearing the audio quality of the Samsung sound bar and how powerful the subwoofer is, it’s difficult to say. A subwoofer is usually recommended with any home theater setup. I’m not sure if the bass on the Beam alone would match or surpass a sound bar with a subwoofer. You’ll just have to test it out for yourself.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the Beam 2 and replaced a Sony Soundbar with Sub. The Atmos from this unit is excellent in pretty much any room. The lows are not as low as those with a sub, but they are quite impressive and I don’t feel I am missing much. I also have a pair of Ones as rear speakers and the result is a very satisfying system.

All the best,

Brian