Answered

sonos playbase not workinhg with my huge plasma TV

• 23 July 2019
  • 4 replies

just bought new playbase with sub and two speakers for the reason to have better understanding of conversations on movies.
I can not set up the sonos playbar as my huge plasma TV doesn’t have a optical output

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 July 2019, 23:15

Yes, although that particular one works with a single HDMI source. Most of them that you'd read about in the Home Theater area of the forum are set up to accept four HDMI sources.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Sorry, you should have checked that before you bought the Playbase. It doesn't even look like your TV has ARC so we can't go that route.

What are your sources? If your cable box or other device has optical, you can use that. Or you can buy an optical/hdmi splitter, which takes an HDMI signal and splits out the audio and sends it over optical. You can buy them on Amazon.
is this duch a splitter it should work with?

Yes, although that particular one works with a single HDMI source. Most of them that you'd read about in the Home Theater area of the forum are set up to accept four HDMI sources.
Thanks a lot will order and try it