Sonos Playbase not working with Samsung Smart TV REMOTE

• 18 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi there,
I bought a new playbase today and really like it and am a long term sonos user and fan.
It all works fine but I cannot get my remote to work. I read some things on here and also followed the directions. When I press the + sign on the remote the playbase and app even acknowledge it but no joy when exitting. I cannot change the volume via my TV remote.
Any help is appreciated as not heard back from Sonos themselves.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'm having the same issue trying to setup a new Sonos Playbar on a newer Samsung SmartTV. Sad that no one has responded to your question. Does Sonos not monitor this forum? So far I'm not impressed with Sonos and their support.
I have a similar experience as robmadden85.
The Samsung remote work 98% of the time, then for some reason it stops controlling the volume up/down. The only way to fix it is to power off and on the playbase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,
I bought a new playbase today and really like it and am a long term sonos user and fan.
It all works fine but I cannot get my remote to work. I read some things on here and also followed the directions. When I press the + sign on the remote the playbase and app even acknowledge it but no joy when exitting. I cannot change the volume via my TV remote.
Any help is appreciated as not heard back from Sonos themselves.

What is your TV model please?
Hi all, was there an update on this? Just installed my Playbase and it is not working with my Samsung remote
I have discovered my TV remote only works if the SONOS app is open. The minute I shut it down, the remote stops working!
Have you seen this - https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4198/~/configure-sonos-playbar-or-playbase-with-samsung-one-remote Worked for me in fixing this problem