Answered

Sonos Playbar with Samsung Mu7000 TV and the Universal Remote....

Hello Guys,

I just got a samsung Mu7000 last week and today I got a playbar. The playbar sounds great but I would love to be able to control it with my universal control. But after spending an hour on the phone with sonos support (which is good btw) we accepted defeat. Has anyone got this combo working please?

thanks

Brian
icon

Best answer by bpascua 10 May 2018, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bpascua

Just in case Sonos support didn't remember this...here's a link. The final resolution is to contact Samsung Support :8: The only other option I can think of would be to invest in a Harmony remote or use an Apple TV remote (3rd/4th Gen) if you have Apple TV. Cheers!

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4198/~/configure-sonos-playbar-or-playbase-with-samsung-one-remote

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I got the samsung remote/soundbar volume working, using the link you provided: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4198/~/configure-sonos-playbar-or-playbase-with-samsung-one-remote

But to be honest, i prefer the logitech harmony remote and will put my samsung smart remote in the drawer 😉
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Don't rush on that. Right now, Harmony is having an issue with adjusting the volume on the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE. They've promised to fix it "Real Soon Now", a couple of weeks ago, and apparently have some updated software being beta tested, but it's not a great experience at this particular moment in time. That being said, I've been a happy Harmony Remote user for about 10 years, and this is the first issue I've ever had with them....so it's hard to get really upset.

I am one of the lucky few to test the .100 beta firmware.
Currently not having issues anymore with the volume or other lag.

I hope the release it soon, as there seems to be many many many people using sonos/harmony.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Mine works fine for everything EXCEPT the volume control, which makes it rather redundant. I invariable use the more traditional Samsung remote which was supplied with the TV alongside the Smart Remote.

I think the problem relates to the Smart Report needing to "talk" to the One Connect box and if this is not in line-of-sight then things become problematic...................but I may be wrong about that.
Hello - Yes mine is the same, I get it working for channels but not the volume on the playbar. So its pretty useless.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yes, that's why my Smart Remote sits in a drawer. I can't see the point of the One Connect box requiring line-of-sight since most people will want to place it out-of-sight. Someone at Samsung didn't think this through.
To be honest I dont think its a line of site thing. The all in one remote isnt an IR remote thats all and that is what the playbar needs. I think people have tricked the remote into using another manufacturers setup that works (pioneer for example)
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I also have the mu7000 and volume with sonos does not work with tv remote.
I am using a harmony remote. ........
Of witch the volume also does not work at the moment......lol
(With beta software it is kinda fixed at this point, so no worries about that)

Edit: works now! Forget the above!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Wow ajtrek1 thanks, i never knew this was possible!
I got it working now in a matter of 5 minutes.
Userlevel 7
I also have the mu7000 and volume with sonos does not work with tv remote.
I am using a harmony remote. ........
Of witch the volume also does not work at the moment......lol
(With beta software it is kinda fixed at this point, so no worries about that)

Edit: works now! Forget the above!

Glad you got things sorted. However, which remote are you using the Harmony or did the link I suggested enable you to use the Samsung remote :8 Other members may be helped by knowing exactly.🆒

Cheers!
Don't rush on that. Right now, Harmony is having an issue with adjusting the volume on the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE. They've promised to fix it "Real Soon Now", a couple of weeks ago, and apparently have some updated software being beta tested, but it's not a great experience at this particular moment in time. That being said, I've been a happy Harmony Remote user for about 10 years, and this is the first issue I've ever had with them....so it's hard to get really upset.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Interestingly I tried pairing the Smart Remote with my Playbase yet again and this time the volume control is working!

Weird!

Anyhow..............I'm chuffed.
Hello Guys. I have got this working with my Mu7000 and my Humax PVR with the soundbar. I feel a bit daft but after doing the initial adding of the Humax to the universal remote, then adding the sonos soundbar, then I just assigned the home theatre option to the Humax - I can now control the soundbar volume from the universal remote and flip the channels up and down on the humax with the remote. I dont see the point to be honest as I cant access the Humax Guide from the Universal remote but there you go......reach out to me if you are trying to achieve this and cant.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have an LG OLED, and have the same problem- no volume for the play bar.

By the way the one connect box for samsung is only a passive pass thru- its irrelevant to the problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I've a Humax DTR-T1000 and the Samsung Smart Remote works for everything except the YOUVIEW button. As stated earlier, Im not sure what the value of the Smart Remote is.
Hi Mountkeen - I have that Humax too - how do you access the GUIDE on the humax from the universal remote?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@bpascua - Try pressing and holding the Mic button on the Smart Remote and say "guide". Works for me.