Answered

Sonos Playbar+Sub+plays connected to onkyo TX NR646 -->projector Benq BUT NO AUDIO :(

• 25 December 2019
  • 5 replies

I have synced sonos playbar+sub+play via app and hooked to receiver TX-NR646 to BenQ HT2050A and plugged in firestick(FS) but when i play any video from FS i get no audio.. what should i do??? should i plug FS to projector ???

my projector have inbuilt basic speakers

any help in getting audio and syncing with receiver remote is helpful..

after spending much $$$$ on sonos because it will be easy to steppe but apprentely it is NOT :( 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 December 2019, 19:50

Notice where I said “not Dolby Digital Plus”? Sonos can’t read that codec.

If you choose to go with an extractor, you’re going to need one that can convert from a Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital. I’ve never looked for such a device, so I don’t know if they exist.  

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you set the audio on the Firestick to Dolby Digital only, not Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, or Dolby Atmos? I’m thinking that it is sending a codec that the Sonos can’t interpret. 

Hi Bruce, I changed it DD plus but still no luck… not sure should I buy HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink SPDIF + 3.5mm AUX Stereo Audio Out, ROOFULL HDMI Optical / AUX Audio Extractor Splitter Converter Support 3D, 1080P/ 60Hz, 4K/ 30H

Notice where I said “not Dolby Digital Plus”? Sonos can’t read that codec.

If you choose to go with an extractor, you’re going to need one that can convert from a Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital. I’ve never looked for such a device, so I don’t know if they exist.  

ok.. here is the post I followed and got audio working 
https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/amplifer-sonos-playbar-6825833

now I have last question I hope.. how to put Sonos Playbar, sub and plays to sleep when it’s not in use, I have followed most of Sonos  community link and google no help.. it’s always solid light on...

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3552?language=en_US

There really isn’t an on/off state for a Sonos, there’s a low power stage, and an active state. The low power state occurs a couple of minutes after the speaker stops receiving a signal, automatically.

You can toggle the LED lights so that they are not on all the time, read the LED states FAQ, particularly the “off” box. I have turned them off on all my speakers, the only time that they illuminate is when a speaker is “muted”, either by being turned all the way down, or the “mute” button has been used.