Sonos playbar / Samsung UHD TV Series 7 / RMCTPJ1AP1

I just purchased the Sonos playbar along with a Samsung UHD TV Series 7. It has an RF remote RMCTPJ1AP1. I cant get it to pair with the playbar. It doesn't recognize it when I press the volume buttton during set up. But for some reason it recognizes the Channel up button which won't pair it correctly. please advise

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Anthony, the playbar doesnt utilize Radio Frequencies, it has a built in IR(Infrared reciever)! By any chance did you get an Samsung IR blaster as well? http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/skp/faq/1033385
I got my new UN65JU6700 4K Curved and it has an RF remote but IT CAN do IR it seems. This is what I did.

1) Setup universal remote in the menu of the TV and choose a Panasonic sound system. Perform the test even though it doesn't work.
2) Now (and this is important) go to your cable TV/Antenna like you are watching it. You need to exit all menus.
3) Go to your Sonos App and perform the remote setup like normal. For whatever reason this forces the TV and the Remote to use IR.
4) Enjoy a single remote again
5) ?
6) ?
7) Profit

Other combinations of devices in the universal remote setup may work but this is how mine is set up.
Some of the TV native remote transmitters will emit IR if you setup the TV to control an A/V system. For example, if you claim (to the TV) that you have plugged the TV into a model ZYX A/V receiver, teach the ZYX volume commands to PLAYBAR. As Afroviking suggests, some TV's may require using the TV's IR blaster when using this approach
I got my new UN65JU6700 4K Curved and it has an RF remote but IT CAN do IR it seems. This is what I did.

1) Setup universal remote in the menu of the TV and choose a Panasonic sound system. Perform the test even though it doesn't work.
2) Now (and this is important) go to your cable TV/Antenna like you are watching it. You need to exit all menus.
3) Go to your Sonos App and perform the remote setup like normal. For whatever reason this forces the TV and the Remote to use IR.
5) ?
6) ?
7) Profit

Other combinations of devices in the universal remote setup may work but this is how mine is set up.

Holy crap this worked, i don't know why it worked, but it did. Thank you so much.

5) ?
6) ?
7) Profit

Holy crap this worked, i don't know why it worked, but it did. Thank you so much.

Glad it worked. 2 years later I can tell you that the remote won’t adjust volume when the TV is on HDMI inputs like my PS4. If on Cable/Antenna or the native Samsung apps it does work. Strange...

5) ?
6) ?
7) Profit

Glad it worked. 2 years later I can tell you that the remote won’t adjust volume when the TV is on HDMI inputs like my PS4. If on Cable/Antenna or the native Samsung apps it does work. Strange...

I did these steps, but instead of going to the TV/Antenna, I left it on my HDMI 2, and I selected HDMI 2 on the universal setup prompt screen instead of optical, then went through the sonos setup and it worked. Did this for my Roku, don't see why it wouldn't for your PS4.
Good to know. I’ll give that a try
Does your remote adjust sound on all inputs then?
Does your remote adjust sound on all inputs then?

So i followed your steps exactly the first go through and it only worked on tv/antenna. Went to my roku and it was not working. Followed through the steps again but instead of going to tv/antenna, i left it on HDMI 2 and selected HDMI 2 on the universal remote prompt. Now it works on both TV and HDMI2/ my roku.
Ah... ok. When I first set this up I wasn’t using HDMI inputs so I never considered revisiting the setup. I’ll do this tonight and confirm it worked for me. Love the power of community!