Question

Sonos Playbar Future.

• 16 July 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Always wanted a playbar and with the TV wall mounted in a recess means side firing speakers of the arc are wasted so just as a soundbar for sky and bluray is the future of playbar suitable? Cant see why not but hence the post here.

Guessing that PS5 may not be compatible.

Just looking on ebay and seen some deals for £250 -300 and tempted just need a little guidance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @src1, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about the Playbar and the Arc’s compatibility, we'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Not compatible? You will get sound. Now it might not be surround native sound because you dont have multichannel PCM on the playbar. But I am sure it will sound great. I used the playbar with my XBOX and I had no complaints

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sebas1509, thanks for the update, What I’m saying about the compatibility is for the PS5 once it gets released. Everything should work perfectly for your Sonos Playbar and Arc. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.