Answered

Sonos play 5 A’s surround sound front

• 19 November 2018
  • 2 replies

We’re rennocatinf our house. We are planning to put in a new tv and ceiling speakers. My wife wants to be able to hear the tv from the kitchen via the ceiling speakers, and I understand I can use the new Amp for that once released.

But that creates a problem that I have no front sound for the tv. Could I use my existing play 5 for this by putting it in front of the tv and grouping to the Amp.

The question is while I can, should I? Will it sound any good?
icon

Best answer by Chris 19 November 2018, 22:52

So your hooking the output of the Amp to the ceiling speakers. Seems as though you should be using another Amp for that purpose. You can run (4) 8ohm speakers off single Amp if you want wired speakers by tv and in ceiling.

I wouldn't recommend using the Play:5 - as it would have a little delay in it compared to the Amp output (creating a stadium type effect).

I would personally use a Beam or Sonos Amp for the TV and then use another Connect:Amp or Sonos Amp for the kitchen ceiling speakers.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So your hooking the output of the Amp to the ceiling speakers. Seems as though you should be using another Amp for that purpose. You can run (4) 8ohm speakers off single Amp if you want wired speakers by tv and in ceiling.

I wouldn't recommend using the Play:5 - as it would have a little delay in it compared to the Amp output (creating a stadium type effect).

I would personally use a Beam or Sonos Amp for the TV and then use another Connect:Amp or Sonos Amp for the kitchen ceiling speakers.
Thanks that was my other thought... I was trying not to buy any more gear! But yes I probably should do it with a beam.