Answered

Sonos One with no audio

Hello! I have a surround system with a Playbar, Sub, One SL (Left), and One (Right). 

I recently updated our home to a Google Nest wifi setup. (not sure if that is relevant, so I added that info.) After doing so, my One (Right) stopped playing audio. The touch controls still operate the volume control for the whole system, but with no audio from just that speaker. It also still shows up as part of my system in the Sonos app. Any help here would be appreciated, thank you!

icon

Best answer by oregondux07 2 July 2020, 01:38

*SOLVED*

I just removed the surrounds and re-added them as new speakers. They work fine now! Thanks all!

View original

4 replies

Several questions:  

First, what source are you playing when this speaker is silent? Music? The TV input via the PLAYBAR? Is it Dolby Digital content?

What setting do you have for your surrounds in the room settings for music playback, full or ambient?

What does the ‘room’ name show, I.e is it (+LS, +RS), or is one of them a question mark?

Have you tried a reboot of just that speaker?

Have you tried a refresh of all Sonos speakers by unplugging them all, then rebooting your router, and finally plugging the Sonos devices back in?

Have you tried to submit a system diagnostic, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

Thanks Bruce, it’s with music, and tv input via the Playbar. Playbar sub, and LS all work, and I tried both full and ambient modes. All room modes are showing, no question marks. I tried rebooting the speaker, and un-plugging it and plugging it back in. I sent a message to Sonos support but they said they were experiencing high message volume and it would be awhile. 

Thanks Bruce, it’s with music, and tv input via the Playbar. Playbar sub, and LS all work, and I tried both full and ambient modes. All room modes are showing, no question marks. I tried rebooting the speaker, and un-plugging it and plugging it back in. I sent a message to Sonos support but they said they were experiencing high message volume and it would be awhile. 

Maybe try these two things …

• Powering off/on the non-playing surround.
  • If the above step fails, try removing the two surrounds (and optionally, swap them over) and then add them back to the HT setup again.

See if that resolves the issue.

*SOLVED*

I just removed the surrounds and re-added them as new speakers. They work fine now! Thanks all!