Question

Sonos Move as rear speakers

• 23 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I want to buy rear speakers and ideally want to buy two move speakers to do this. The move looks to be a brilliant around the home speaker, but too large to take away with me. I have a big patio so two move speakers outside occasionally when we get good weather in the UK would be brilliant. I want to spend more money than Sonos one’s and want to know whether this will
work. If not how do we petition to get a software update to make Move’s work in a surround set up?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Sonos say that the wide soundstage the Move provides makes it unsuitable for rear effects speakers. As a consequence they do not let you bond it to the home theatre products.
Also, the speakers cannot be stereo paired when in bluetooth mode. Unless your patio is in wifi range, you won't be able to use them as stereo pair.

That said, I believe some android phones can pair to two bluetooth speakers at the same time. Mine has the settings to do this, though I've never tested it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sonos say that the wide soundstage the Move provides makes it unsuitable for rear effects speakers. As a consequence they do not let you bond it to the home theatre products.
Mostly this, also Move is designed with portability in mind, which can be a problem for surround sound setups. We talked about similar things in the main thread too.
Thanks all, that all makes sense!!