Answered

Sonos does not allow another external sound system to work on the TV

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

The Problem:
I have been trying to add a separate headset to be able watch TV later at night. I bought a and tried to add two different headsets, one BT and the latest one has its own base that BT back to the headset and the base connects to the TV via Optical output. The issue that is occurring is that when I select the Audio as Optical, it momentarily will turn on and then turn off with the Sonos System turning back on

I have set this System up on (2) different TV’s which leads me to conclude a control issue with the SONOS Sound Bar itself. First the system:
Sonos - Beam (Gen 2), Sonos - One (Gen 2)(2ea), Sonos - Sub (Gen 3) 
Connected to: 
LG - 77" Class C1 Series OLED

There must be a way to allow another external sound system, ie headset, to work and put Sonos into ‘stand-by mode’

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 March 2022, 12:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks, found the option and had to some setting experiments to figure it out, however, that did the trick!

This is a TV option.

This is the way the TV operates - simply switch off HDMI-CEC (‘Simplink’) to switch to using another audio output like Bluetooth.

Thanks for the response, is this turned off in the Sonos App or on the TV?

This is the way the TV operates - simply switch off HDMI-CEC (‘Simplink’) to switch to using another audio output like Bluetooth.