Sonos Connect out of sync w/ Play 3 and 5?

• 4 January 2013
  • 3 replies

I have been running a Sonos system with a Play 3 and Play 5 in different rooms running through the Bridge.

Today I acquired a Sonos Connect ZP90 to run the Sonos sound through my Sony home theater system in another room.

However, the sound through the Connect/Sony system is slightly out of sync with the Play 3 and 5 elsewhere on the same floor.

Is there anyway to correct this or is this unavoidable because the sound is running through an external component (the Sony system)?

Thanks.

3 replies

You could see if your Sony has a "direct mode" which bypasses most of its signal processing. This mode would minimize the delay...

It would probably eliminate it from being heard/noticed.
Userlevel 1
Badge
You could see if your Sony has a "direct mode" which bypasses most of its signal processing. This mode would minimize the delay...
Userlevel 1
Yes the Sony is adding a delay because it's performing some additional audio processing. There's nothing you can do about it.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings