Answered

Sonos Connect Amp volume Issues

• 22 February 2019
  • 5 replies

It appears I'm not alone regarding volume issues on the original Sonos connect amp. I purchased the bundled Amp with (2) sonance speakers from Best Buy and tried them out of the box 3 months ago. There was ZERO volume until I got over the 50% mark. Even at 100%, the volume is not that loud. I was using 16 gauge wire @ 10 feet.

I just installed the speakers outside. I'm using 14 gauge oxygen free CL2 speaker wire. One speaker is about 35 feet away and the other is 20 feet away. I'm hardwired to the ethernet port and tried the speakers using Pandora by default. The volume was not audible until closer to the 60-70% mark.

I've read about this issue multiple times and have not seen a resolution.

-Support Diagnostic: 18720331
-Volume limit is set to off
-I've toggled between Loudness on or off with no discernible difference, except maybe the bass level
-I don't have a line in
icon

Best answer by georgehuerta 22 February 2019, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It appears I'm not alone regarding volume issues on the original Sonos connect amp. I purchased the bundled Amp with (2) sonance speakers from Best Buy and tried them out of the box 3 months ago. There was ZERO volume until I got over the 50% mark. Even at 100%, the volume is not that loud. I was using 16 gauge wire @ 10 feet.

I just installed the speakers outside. I'm using 14 gauge oxygen free CL2 speaker wire. One speaker is about 35 feet away and the other is 20 feet away. I'm hardwired to the ethernet port and tried the speakers using Pandora by default. The volume was not audible until closer to the 60-70% mark.

I've read about this issue multiple times and have not seen a resolution.

-Support Diagnostic: 18720331
-Volume limit is set to off
-I've toggled between Loudness on or off with no discernible difference, except maybe the bass level
-I don't have a line in

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I don't see any errors in your report, such as an amplifier fault, which would explain the low volume. Due to the nature of this issue, it would be best to continue troubleshooting live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Please tell me this is not accurate! Best Buy sold this as a package with the Connect Amp.

Same issue and same purchase have you resolved this?
yeah, just set mine up. exact same problem. is can't be normal

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having the same issue and all they said was that it’s a network connectivity issue between my phone and the app.