SONOS Beam Updates?

• 6 October 2018
  • 6 replies

When are sonos going to bring an update for the Beam soundbar? Sinc issue needs sorting as does dolby digital output.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No, I can’t recommend one, I’ve never used one, so I don’t have experience. If you were to peruse the Home Theater section of these forums, you’d likely see a lot of various discussions about them.

Usually, when people ask me about what they are, I point to Flexson’s version, mostly because it’s both easy to find, in addition to the fact that I’ve been quite pleased with their stands for my speakers.....but I don’t have any personal experience with their electronics.

You could also do a search on websites such as Amazon, or your local equivalent, for “HDMI Optical Switch” and come up with a plethora from which you could choose the one that matches your needs.
Hi again.So using a splitting device would work? Can you recommend one please? Also the lip sinc issue only seems to be happening whilst playing blurays. I have other devices switched off insettings and tv sound is set to off via hotel setting.
As I indicated, andyjotomsam6508, that is, I believe, an issue that you need to bring up with the TV manufacturer. Since it works with a splitting device, it's pretty clear that the data is correct coming through the HDMI cable, ergo the delay for the lip-sync problem is in the TV's processing. It's just not a Sonos issue....they're obviously handling the signal just as quickly as it gets to them.

chritofu, it sounds more like an issue with your local wifi/LAN. It could be any of several things. The initial thought I would have is either wifi interference or an issue with a duplicate IP address. I would, in your case, recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Badge
Hi, first post here, so be gentle on the newbie. Bought a pretty loaded sonos system including a Beam. I've now had the beam drop off the app twice (only device in my "TV Room"). The room disappears from the app, and to get it added back on, I need to unplug the Beam and then add it back in (if I don't unplug it, the app can't find it). Is this a bug?
Not dissing the Sonos at all I have two play ones also and sound is awsome,just can*t get my head around why having to add a splitter to remedey lip sinc when it should work fine working thru hdmi cable, no problems with Panny soundbar it replaced which hooked up just the same.
What issue? If you’re talking about lip sync, look to your TV manufacturer. All cases that I’ve seen here in these boards where people added a splitter that peeled off the sound before it entered the TV via the HDMI path has resolved the issue. To me, that’s a pretty clear indication that there is something not right in the TV’s processing of the Dolby Digital signal before it gets sent out.

Or is there another issue that concerns you? Additional clarity would be most appreciated.