Sonos Beam TV Sound Increase and Decreases

• 3 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Have a Sonos Beam connected to a Vizio TV via HDMI-ARC with CEC enabled and TV sound disabled. The sound will increase and decrease intermittently on its own without touching the volume controls and is unusable. This does not occur when playing music or Spotify. Any ideas would be helpful...Thanks

Zero help from Sonos support (its probably the TV); so I am hoping I can get this fixed or its getting returned.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, arthenz. Did the problem return after you spoke with Adam S on the phone? I was able to pull up the ticket and saw that he recently sent you an email following up. Reply to his email and he can pick up from the troubleshooting you've already done. If you need it to be resent, I'll be happy to reach out if needed.

Thanks!
Hello Keith, The problem never went away and now i cannot use any of the features of the ARC connection on top of the original problem still existing. I have this on 2 other Vizio TVs and it does not present any issues with the volume decreasing and increasing on its own randomly. This device is not usable at this point. Please have him call me as last time I had to wait an hour on hold.