Sonos Beam TV not responding to remote or buttons.

• 24 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I've just added a Sonos Beam to my Sharp Aquos Tv connected by HDMI ARC.

Everything seems to be working soundwise however I can no longer control my TV; all the buttons on my TV have stopped working and the TV remote has also stopped working (except mute and volume). The TV is recognising the remote buttons because the status light flashes when a button is pressed but nothing happens.

This means the only way I can switch my TV off is by asking Alexa to do it, and I am unable to change sources.

The remote does work to turn the TV on and the remote continues to work for a short while after the TV is turned on.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Steps for troubleshooting:

My remote control does not operate. What should I do?
- Check to see if the television is still plugged in the AC wall outlet.
- If you have a universal remote control, be sure to select “TV Mode” on the remote control.
- Make sure you have replaced old batteries and they are positioned correctly in the battery compartment.
- If the remote control still does not work, reset the remote control by removing the batteries. Then press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 30 seconds. Insert the new batteries and press TV and POWER to turn “On” the television.
- With a universal remote, if you have reset or changed the batteries, you will need to reprogram the remote control to operate the other units.

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/SharpCareCenter/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Thanks, I have tried this but it hasn't fixed the problem, I've also tried completely resetting the tv.
Steps for troubleshooting:

My remote control does not operate. What should I do?
- Check to see if the television is still plugged in the AC wall outlet.
- If you have a universal remote control, be sure to select “TV Mode” on the remote control.
- Make sure you have replaced old batteries and they are positioned correctly in the battery compartment.
- If the remote control still does not work, reset the remote control by removing the batteries. Then press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 30 seconds. Insert the new batteries and press TV and POWER to turn “On” the television.
- With a universal remote, if you have reset or changed the batteries, you will need to reprogram the remote control to operate the other units.

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/SharpCareCenter/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx