Answered

Sonos Beam+Sonos One SL x2 losing connection with Phillips OLED 4K TV

• 1 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I am losing my patience now with this, no matter what I watch via HDMI, every 5-7mins or at least 15 times a movie the sound output switches to the TV from the Sonos Beam/One SL Setup. Everything worked fine for 1 month then this issue started. Beam is connected via HDMI into the HDMI ARC port.

I have:

-checked all cables, same issu

-updated everything Sonos gear and tv to latest firmware, same issue

-i did reset all gear both Sonos and Phillips and started from scratch, same issue.

-tried different HDMI ARC port, same issue

I don’t know what else to do?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 6 January 2021, 01:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Two suggestions. 

First, since it seems like it’s an issue with CEC, I’d try a reboot of the TV by unplugging  it from the wall for five minutes, then plugging it back in. 

Second, on the remote chance there is a failure in the Beam, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hello, thanks, 5 mins unplugged didn’t help.

My number is 524743115. I’d appreciate if a moderator can take a look. Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pianistul21

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and for submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking on the report, your Phillips TV is not sending a signal to your Sonos Beam. The steps suggested by @Airgetlam would refresh the connection of your devices.

To help you check the audio issue with your Sonos Beam, allow me to ask a few questions.

1. When you go to Browse in the Sonos app and select TV, did you get the sound from the Sonos Beam?
2. Is the TV Autoplay enabled on the Sonos app?
3. Is TV Autoplay enabled on the Sono app?
4. Check if HDMI-CEC enabled on your TV.
5. Check for TV's firmware update.
5. Adjust TV audio format and we recommend testing Stereo/PCM to see if the issue improves.
6. Use an optical cable to connect your TV to your Beam.
7. You may check out this community thread for your reference.

If you're still having the same issue, your Phillips TV may not be passing an audio signal correctly. We suggest reaching out to the TV manufacturer for further help.

Let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.