Sonos Beam Setup - Unable To Output TV Audio To Sonos Beam

• 9 September 2018
  • 1 reply

I have just spent all afternoon trying to get my Sonos Beam to receive audio from my TV. I have a samsung smart tv (ue40es5500), panasonic (tx-l24x5b) and panasonic (txp42gt508) these tvs are a bit old so they do not have an ARC connection however I was going to connect via optical using the supplied lead i have tried adjusting various settings on tge tvs samsung enabling the link feature and enablinh the external speaker settings and on the panasonic tvs selecting the optical inputs however this does not resolve the issue and on the setup when i select optical setup it is unable to find a signal for the TV. The beam cam play sound from the radio services so is connected to my network ok.

Am i missing an important step? I also tried hooking it up to the optical port of my xbox one however that failed to output any sound to the bar either and i changed the audio settings. I am thinking i must have a defective optical to hdmi cable.

Any suggestions? I have also tried turning volume up within the controller app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, TimFromLondon. Thanks for taking the time to post. While playing audio from the TV to the Beam, head into "More" then "Settings" on the Sonos controller and then "About My Sonos System". This should tell you the format of the audio the Beam is receiving if any at all. If the Beam is not getting a signal, try replacing the HDMI cable, or change out the HDMI - Optical adapter.

Let us know how it turns out.