Question

Sonos Beam - Roku Device Choppy Sound

• 10 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey guys. I have a Sonos Beam (and subwoofer). Sounds great way I play music through app like any other Sonos I have. But when I try to play my Roku it’s incredibly choppy. I don’t understand. 

I have a Sony TV. I don’t use the Smart Apps (but I tried that and didn’t matter). HDMI from Beam into TV ARC port. Menu setting set to Audio speakers - so speakers turned off. The Roku, TV, Sonos- all on same WiFi network. 

My Roku is playing picture like normal. No connection issues. This is only sound. What am I doing wrong??? 

On the verge of packing this entire Beam + woofer up and sending back. So frustrating. I like playing music videos from YouTube. No dice. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @jdwilder,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

Is your Roku connected through HDMI to your TV ?

Do you have Bravia Sync enabled on your Sony TV and the audio format set to either PCM  or Dolby Digital?

If you submit a diagnostic report while you are playing from your Roku and include the confirmation number in your response we can look over the audio data that your Beam is receiving.