Question

Sonos Beam outside?

• 18 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I live outside Sacramento so while it definitely gets hot in the summer, the winters are fairly mild. I have a large overhang in the backyard and am putting a TV on the outside wall. I would like to put a Sonos Beam installed underneath the TV outside. 

This would be completely protected from any direct sunlight or any of the elements (protected from rain, wind, sun, etc...). Obviously the only thing that would impact the Sonos would be the heat but again never in direct sunlight.

Has anyone every installed a Sonos Beam outside in a very protected area?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @markwilliams0910, welcome to the Sonos Community! I understand that you want to put your TV outside and just to let you know that the Sonos Beam is not waterproof, water-resistant, or humidity resistant. It is not designed for use outside. Below are the Environmental Specs for your reference. We can also wait for others’ opinions. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Imperial Metric
Operating Temperature: 32º to 104º F 0º to 40º C
Storage Temperature: 4º to 158º F -20º to 70º C