sonos beam not playing when connected to Samsung Q90R TV

• 10 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I do not get sound from Sonos beam even though it is recognized and connects via HDMI Arc input of Samsung Q90R TV. The TV sound works independently as does the Sonos sound bar. Software and firmware is up-to-date, I’ve tried different HDMI cables, a different Sonos beam, and Samsung has been out to replace the boards on the TV and the One Connect box, none of which solves the problem. Samsung says I need to get a Samsung sound bar, but I want to stick with Sonos particularly since my Sonos sound bar works well with another Samsung TV.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I use a Beam with a Samsung QE65Q90. It works flawlessly, even better than on my old UE46D8000. So you should be able to get it running too....

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a QN85Q70RA that works fine with a Sonos play bar. This QN65Q90RA just doesn’t seem to want to cooperate.

Spent quite a few hours on the Internet trying different approaches, and have had Samsung techies out here twice now. They seem just as frustrated. Hoping someone in the Sonos community can help.  Couldn’t seem to find any way to contact Sonos directly on this if anybody knows how. Thanks in advance for the help.