Sonos Beam not emitting sound from Sony TV.

I just purchased a Sonos Beam and no matter how hard I try to get my TV to play any sound through HDMI 3 which is the ARC port,it just won't.It works perfectly fine through optical in however.My Tv is a 49 inch 2017 model and the set up on the Sonos app keeps failing when it reaches the TV portion.Can somebody help me?Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Is there another HDMI device connected to the TV? Is so unplug it and try the Beam TV setup again.

I found the solution.You have to set it up with Bravia Sync enabled for some reason.After enabling that,it works.Thanks!
Beam needs HDMI-CEC. TV manufacturers call it different things, in Sony's case "Bravia Link". https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2659
Is there another HDMI device connected to the TV? Is so unplug it and try the Beam TV setup again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The full TV model number would help. Have you been through the TV menus? I have a Sony TV and remember there was some configurable items around ARC, but can't remember what.
Same issue here with samsung tv. Beam does not recignize tv even after connected to ARC port
What is the fix please? Frustrated customer
Mine is Samsung UA55JU6400 model
Is the Samsung Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled? If you have another HDMI device, unplug it from the TV then re-run TV Setup.
The full TV model number would help. Have you been through the TV menus? I have a Sony TV and remember there was some configurable items around ARC, but can't remember what.

It’s settled,works like a charm now.Thanks 🙂
Same issue here with samsung tv. Beam does not recignize tv even after connected to ARC port

Unplug everything except for your Beam and try setting up via the Sonos app.I’m not sure about Samsung but for me the reason why my Beam was not being detected was something called Bravia Sync being disabled.It worked after enabling it.Play around with your Samsung TVs settings with regards to the ports and sounds.Wish I can help more but I’m unsure of it.
What is the fix please? Frustrated customer

Is yours a Sony TV?If yes enable Bravia Sync and it should work now 🙂

I found the solution.You have to set it up with Bravia Sync enabled for some reason.After enabling that,it works.Thanks!

This worked for me. Initially all connected and no sound... Selected bravia sync and bingo ?? thanks for the fix