Answered

Sonos Beam loses connection with LG TV

• 23 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a 9 month old LG 4K Smart TV and a Sonos Beam (as well as a Cable TV Box).  Everything was working great for the past 6 months (Sonos using HDMI ARC).  Yesterday, we lost power for less than a minute and now the Sonos cannot maintain a connection to the TV.  Specifically, when watching TV, the sound will come through the TV speakers, then switch to the Beam for a second or two, and then back to the TV.  I checked all the TV settings and SIMPLINK is ON and whenever I try to set the Audio Out to HDMI ARC, it only stays set for a second or two and then automatically switches back to “Internal TV Speakers”.  Tried rebooting Sonos several times as well as turning the TV ON/OFF.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2020, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have almost the same problem… But how did you solve it?

Got it!  I reconnected the HDMI cable to/from the HDMI switch connecting other devices to the TV and it did the trick.  Didnt realize other devices can get in the way when the power is reset.

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm, most odd. Makes me wonder if there was a background update on the TV, or even another device that is connected to it with HDMI. It might be worth looking at each device other than the TV and turning off HDMI-CEC. But ultimately, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried as you suggested (pulled power on all equipment for 5 min) but the problem still persists.  Exactly the same as before (every few min Sonos kicks in on HDMI ARC for a second or two, then loses connection and TV reverts to Internal speakers).  Really frustrating as this worked just fine for many months until today.

Try unplugging the TV from the wall for at least two minutes. When you plug it back in, it will reboot the TV’s OS, which will in turn reinitialize the HDMI-CEC system. Turning the TV off and on does not do that.