Sonos Beam Keeps losing TV audio after hours of inactivity

• 11 December 2018
  • 0 replies

The beam is my first Sonos product. After somehow making it through the setup after hours of trying and constant errors, I was able to finally connect it to my TV and spotify. Works Great, but only when it works. I keep having to unplug the HDMI-ARC cable out of the TV along with another HDMI cable I have plugged into the TV and then reconnect it to get TV sound to play again on the beam.
This seems to only happen when I return from work when both the TV and Beam have been unactive for a lengthy amount of time. when I take a look at the sonos app and try to connect to the TV from there, It keeps telling me that it's experiencing "interruption errors" and wants me to connect to the TV again via HDMI-ARC like I did in the initial setup, and I can only successfully "reconnect" if I have no other HDMI cable in my TV at the time I try to connect.
I've tried to move my other HDMI cable around to other ports, switched out the cable that was included with the beam with another cable, but to no avail. Everytime I turn on the TV on a new day, the beam plays no TV audio, and now I'm just stuck in that same loop unplugging and reconnecting before each use on a new day.
I've sent a Diagnostics report over in case that could help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.