Answered

Sonos Beam HDMI outputs

• 8 June 2018
  • 4 replies

The Sonos Beam looks great. While I wish it was made for larger rooms I’m still thinking about getting it. One thing I’m not clear on though is the HDMI port. If I read correctly, it sounds like to use it, your TV has to have an HDMI out. Could someone confirm that for me? I’ve check my tv, new LG OLED 65inch and it doesn’t have any HDMI outputs. Sounds like I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of it but not sure.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 June 2018, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I think HDMI 3 has arc written on it on my LG OLED B6.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
HDMI ARC has been around for almost 10 years so it's unlikely that your TV doesn't support it. It might not be labelled which port it is and you might have to get out the manual to find out. But it's very, very unlikely that it doesn't have it. Especially if it's a new TV from a brand like LG.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
There is no way your TV does not have the HDMI ARC port, check HDMI 1 - 100% chance it says ARC on it - this is the one to use, it's 2 way between the soundbar and TV using this port
No, your tv needs to have an hdmi connection labeled ARC. If it does not jave that, you can also use the optical output from your tv in most cases.