Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2, Bluetooth and B&O speakers

• 28 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Beam 2 which is connected to a Samsung QLED TV. 

I also have two B&O Beolab 6000 speakers which, using a dongle,  I can connect via Bluetooth to the TV. The overall sound is actually better using the Beam but I’d like to connect them via Bluetooth to the Beam and use them as surround speakers. Does anyone know if that’s possible or can I only do that using Sonos speakers? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 August 2022, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not practical. There is no direct way to do this. Only SONOS products can connect to BEAM in a surround configuration.

If you want to go to a LOT of trouble, you could add a SONOS AMP in the surround configuration, scale the AMP’s speaker output to something that a Bluetooth transmitter would accept, then send this to the 6000’s.

TV Bluetooth surround audio cannot be setup/used with the beam it does not have a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver. There’s no way to achieve it with those ‘active’ B&O speakers, but there would have been an option had they have been the ‘passive’ beovox 6000 speakers, as you could have attached those to a Sonos Amp.

So your are stuck attempting to setup your beolab products with a Sonos HT device like the Beam.

Thanks guys, you’ve confirmed what I thought might be the case. Looks like I’ll be buying a couple of SL’s to go with the Beam and then just use the B&O 6000’s for listening to music, nice speakers though.