Sonos Beam audio quality issues

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Just installed new Beam after having play5 for 8 yrs, the sound quality is only as good as the tv speakers. I removed all my P5 stuff  installed S2 app and started from scratch trying all settings on tv and beam but still as bad, any ideas. Tia. Mc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Marcthevalk, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos system. So that we can get a better picture of what’s the current status of your system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon, thanks for your rapid response,  my system is connected to a Sony Bravia KD-55AG8 on the latest s/w version via the arc port and it is working. 

I have some problems though

1. I have played with all (i think) audio settings and have improved the quality slightly,

2. There appears to be no stereo separation, this was good when using the TV speakers or Play5’s

3. Often the TV takes 2 minutes to turn on (this did not happen before adding the Beam). 

4 I was going to add some bass speakers to the Beam using the 30% discount scheme but now (since the play5’s have been bricked) I can’t do that either.

Perhaps I’m expecting too much from the Beam or have purchased the wrong product.

I now have a product that I am unhappy with no chance of reverting back to the Play5’s.

Please let me know what my options are?

i have submitted a diagnostic report  no.1666947168

best regards marc

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Marcthevalk, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that this issue persists. Thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the information. It shows that the two Play 5 Gen 1 are offline. And I can’t see any issues with the Sonos Beam. If you’ve done some troubleshooting steps like unplugging the speakers and the TV from the power source and checking all the source on the TV if it’s correct. We’ll take this further so they can assist you as well on the 30% discount. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and options on this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Hi, I have tried many things to correct the problems I am having and currently cannot resolve them so for now I have disconnected the Beam and would like to return to my original setup. I have re-plugged the original bridge and the 2 play 5 speakers, please can you unblock them?

best regards marc

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Marcthevalk, thanks for the update. Sorry to know that it’s still an ongoing issue on your Sonos system and thanks for trying to do some troubleshooting steps. In this case, we’ll take this further so that our team will be able to gather all possible things that could be causing the issue, like the full network layout and topology. kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask for remote access or a screen share feature to check further. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.