Sonos Beam and Audio Delay (Lip Sync)

• 2 December 2018
  • 0 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m using the Beam with a Sharp LC-40LE531E via optical connection and experience some delay between picture and audio when streaming content via Chromecast (I haven’t watched anything from another device yet as I don’t watch live tv or using any other device), especially when watching Netflix.

My understanding is that the ‘Audio Delay (Lip Sync)’ setting within the Sonos app is supposed to mitigate this but I’m having trouble dialling things in, partly because I don’t really understand what I’m doing (what does the slider adjust exactly?) and also it’s hard to tell exactly if things are getting better or worse when I adjust the slider!

If anyone has some guidance re the above that would be great - perhaps there is something I can watch that’s specially designed to help simplyifiy the process of sync the video and audio...? If there isn’t perhaps Sonos should make a little tool to help newbies like me do this simply?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.