Answered

Sonos Beam

• 22 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I am thinking about adding to my Sonos system with a Sonos Beam. Is it possible to successfully Room Group a Sonos beam, hdmi wired to a TV in a living room, with a Sonos Connect Amp, wired to ceiling speakers withn the same room? Would this provide an equal sound through the speakers and Beam without any sound delay and in sync with the TV sound? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Chris 22 November 2018, 14:19

Grouped - the Connect:Amp will be 70ms delayed compared to the sound of the beam. You will get a slight surround/stadium type effect if in same room.

Paired - with Connect:Amp serving as rear surrounds when watching TV (or full stereo when listening to music) - they will be in sync. Issue is the Connect:Amp doesn't function on the low latency 5ghz band so it must be hard wired with ethernet cable to your router or the beam (NOTE: The new Sonos Connect resolves this issue).
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Grouped - the Connect:Amp will be 70ms delayed compared to the sound of the beam. You will get a slight surround/stadium type effect if in same room.

Paired - with Connect:Amp serving as rear surrounds when watching TV (or full stereo when listening to music) - they will be in sync. Issue is the Connect:Amp doesn't function on the low latency 5ghz band so it must be hard wired with ethernet cable to your router or the beam (NOTE: The new Sonos Connect resolves this issue).
Badge
Thanks, i thought it may have a slight delay.