Sonos Beam 5.0

• 12 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have sonos beam and one sl (surrounds), 5.0 setup.

past few weeks I hear this distortion when there is a bass (when output is dolby 5.1) 
Initially, I sent videos to Sonos tech/support and they sent me a replacement stating harware issue.

Meanwhile I bought a beam from costco and tested and had same issue with that brand new beam.

Tested with replacement beam from sonos and had the same issue.

After all this testing, I realized it’s not the hardware issue.

My tv is sony xbr65x900f.

when I watch same content via firestick 4k, I do not have any issues.

what might went wrong?I had this set up for like 3 months and had no issues watching content in my sony tv (android os). 

any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Just had a look at the manual for your TV, have you tried changing any of these settings:

Sound

Adjust settings by input such as the TV or HDMI, and other common settings, to enjoy various sound effects.
You can configure settings such as those below.

ClearAudio+

Achieves the best sound quality by applying a well‑balanced combination of digital signal processing technologies. Disable this setting when outputting audio from both the TV and audio system through digital audio output.

Sound mode

Select modes such as [Cinema] or [Music] based on your environment and preferences.

Sound customization

Adjust sound settings related to each sound mode.

Volume level

Adjust the sound level of current input.

Advanced auto volume

Keeps the volume level constant for all programs and inputs.

Balance

Adjust the speaker balance.

TV position

Output sound from the TV speakers according to the position of the TV.

Reset

Return all sound settings to factory default settings.

Tried all of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just had a look at the manual for your TV, have you tried changing any of these settings:

Sound

Adjust settings by input such as the TV or HDMI, and other common settings, to enjoy various sound effects.
You can configure settings such as those below.

ClearAudio+

Achieves the best sound quality by applying a well‑balanced combination of digital signal processing technologies. Disable this setting when outputting audio from both the TV and audio system through digital audio output.

Sound mode

Select modes such as [Cinema] or [Music] based on your environment and preferences.

Sound customization

Adjust sound settings related to each sound mode.

Volume level

Adjust the sound level of current input.

Advanced auto volume

Keeps the volume level constant for all programs and inputs.

Balance

Adjust the speaker balance.

TV position

Output sound from the TV speakers according to the position of the TV.

Reset

Return all sound settings to factory default settings.

Can you check that Loudness is not Enabled within the EQ settings for the Beam, in the Sonos App.

I tried turning off the loudness and it did not help.

Added a sub gen 3 as well. No change

Two things to check: are the speakers on a soft surface or correct floor/wall mount; can you check your TV audio settings and ensure that it is set to pass through.

How have you connected your devices?

My tv and beam are wall mounted. Sonos sub gen3 is on floor. Surrounds are on stand. Tried changing output from dolby digital plus to dolby digital. And tried other settings and no change.

where as netflix/prime/hbo max (dolby digital 5.1) content plays well from firestick. But I miss the tv display clarity!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you check that Loudness is not Enabled within the EQ settings for the Beam, in the Sonos App.

Two things to check: are the speakers on a soft surface or correct floor/wall mount; can you check your TV audio settings and ensure that it is set to pass through.

How have you connected your devices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20