Sonos Arc with PS5 but without eArc or Arc

• 21 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all

I am trying to determine whether the Sonos Arc will work with my setup…  PS5 and a gaming monitor that does not have HDMI Arc or eArc 

Trying to understand the connection options for the Sonos Arc

Does the PS5 plug into the Sonos Arc and then the Sonos Arc plugs into Monitoir (HDMI) - passign through the video signal or is the inteded setup that the PS5 plugs directly to monitior and in order for the sound to get back to the Sonos Arc it requires a eArc/Arc HDMI connection to the Sonos Arc?

Not 100% sure on how eArc/Arc works as never had to use it before… I understand the relvance for TVs but with a monitor that receives its video/audio one way from source (PS5) 

also any limitations in passign through the arc to monitor in this way  (if the first way oif connectivity is possible )   ? I did have an older bose soundsystem but the passthrough capped me at 1080p and obvioualy nowadays I want greater .

Cant find the manual for the Sonos Arc online - assume all done through app 

Any advice appreciated 

Thanks 

Laswrence

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HDMI-ARC uses a different pin setting in the cable, so you cannot connect a source like the PS5 directly to the Arc.

I also question the need for an Arc in a gaming set up since it's Atmos-effect will probably be diminished when you're very near to it.