Answered

Sonos Arc will not connect to LGOLED77GX

• 5 April 2021
  • 8 replies

With the Sonos S2 app on an iphone my Arc was detected and connected to my home network, but will not connect to my new LGOLED77GX TV. I have set the TV sound to output to HDMI Arc, and in additional settings I set the TV to audio pass through and to HDMI eArc. The Gen 3 sub is connected to the Arc, also via the wireless home network. The connection between the TV and the Arc is an HDMI 2.1 cable, plugged into the LG's eArc terminal (HDMI 2), and the other end is plugged into the Sonos Arc. I have tried simply powering off the Arc, and also a factory reset of the Arc, but each time I try to connect the Arc to the TV the Sonos 2 app says it cannot connect to the TV when I tell it the Arc is physically connected to the TV as described above. Help please 🤔.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 April 2021, 22:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have Simplink (CEC) turned on in your TV settings?

Yes

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other devices connected to your TV?

I have auto device detection enabled, and also SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) and Auto Power Sync.

The only other device connected is a Hyundai box for delivery of TV stations, and it is connected to the TV's DVI HDMI terminal (also via HDMI 2.1 cable), and it works fine with the TV's internal speakers.

I have DTV Audio Setting on Auto, and Digital Sound Out also on Auto. HDMI Input Audio Format is Bitstream.

Userlevel 7

Disconnect the Hyundai box and the Arc from the TV. Re-run TV Setup in the Sonos app and don’t connect the Arc to the TV until the Sonos app instructs you to. Once the Arc is connected successfully, reconnect the Hyundai box to the TV.

ALSO:

Set Auto Power Sync to Off.

Set DTV Audio Setting to Dolby Digital Plus.

Set Digital Sound Out to Pass Through.

Many thanks GuitarSuperstar - my Arc and Sub Gen 3 are now connected to the TV. The fundamental issue was that I had connected the cable between the Arc and the TV in advance (and also the fact that the cable connection into the back of the Arc is a bit flaky as the cable is quite thick and has to feed through the back of the Sonos Arc wall mount - the slightest movement of the cable and it disconnects).