Question

Sonos ARC wakes up my Samsung QE49Q70R

• 23 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’ve had my arc now for nearly two weeks and it randomly wakes up my TV.  I’ve proven its the ARC because before I had the ARC and just now reverting back to my beam, I don’t have this problem.  I’ve googled and tried all manner of things including:

• Powering off TV, disconnecting it from mains and reconnecting the HDMI to other ports and reconnecting
  • Removing batteries from the remote control
  • Disabling powering on using Mobile
  • Removing the TV from the Samsung Smart things app
  • Trying different HDMI cables

I see a lot of people who owns this TV have this issue but none that have been, what appears to be, triggered by the Arc. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-Q70R-TV-turns-on-by-itself/td-p/827155/page/9

Am I a loner on this one?

I want to keep the Arc but it seems ludicrous to have to change my TV as well.

4 replies

This sounds like cec (Anytime+ on Samsung) issues. 
I would try going into your tv settings, turning off cec, power cycling all your devices and arc, then turning cec back on. 

Badge +1

This sounds like cec (Anytime+ on Samsung) issues. 
I would try going into your tv settings, turning off cec, power cycling all your devices and arc, then turning cec back on. 

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.  In my troubleshooting steps I forgot to point out that I had factor reset the TV which is probably similar to your suggested step but will still try.

Badge +1

Tried your suggestion and within an hour the TV turned on by itself.  Looks like the Arc is going back in the box.

Badge +1

I don’t want to jinx it but this is the 3rd day the TV hasn’t woken up.  I haven’t done anything explicitly but should mention that:

1. I’ve powered cycle the Arc twice because of this problem https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-audio-keeps-cutting-out-6844149?postid=16448544#post16448544 . I noticed that, when the Arc has powered up, the TV no longer recognises the Arc as a Now TV device, it did that previously.  It now recognises the Arc as a Sonos Arc.
  2. I’ve enabled the white status light
  3. There’s been a Sonos update in the last 3 days

Fingers crossed. I hope this continues in this way.