Question

Sonos ARC wakes up my Samsung QE49Q70R

• 23 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’ve had my arc now for nearly two weeks and it randomly wakes up my TV.  I’ve proven its the ARC because before I had the ARC and just now reverting back to my beam, I don’t have this problem.  I’ve googled and tried all manner of things including:

• Powering off TV, disconnecting it from mains and reconnecting the HDMI to other ports and reconnecting
  • Removing batteries from the remote control
  • Disabling powering on using Mobile
  • Removing the TV from the Samsung Smart things app
  • Trying different HDMI cables

I see a lot of people who owns this TV have this issue but none that have been, what appears to be, triggered by the Arc. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-Q70R-TV-turns-on-by-itself/td-p/827155/page/9

Am I a loner on this one?

I want to keep the Arc but it seems ludicrous to have to change my TV as well.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This sounds like cec (Anytime+ on Samsung) issues. 
I would try going into your tv settings, turning off cec, power cycling all your devices and arc, then turning cec back on. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This sounds like cec (Anytime+ on Samsung) issues. 
I would try going into your tv settings, turning off cec, power cycling all your devices and arc, then turning cec back on. 

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.  In my troubleshooting steps I forgot to point out that I had factor reset the TV which is probably similar to your suggested step but will still try.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Tried your suggestion and within an hour the TV turned on by itself.  Looks like the Arc is going back in the box.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I don’t want to jinx it but this is the 3rd day the TV hasn’t woken up.  I haven’t done anything explicitly but should mention that:

1. I’ve powered cycle the Arc twice because of this problem https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-audio-keeps-cutting-out-6844149?postid=16448544#post16448544 . I noticed that, when the Arc has powered up, the TV no longer recognises the Arc as a Now TV device, it did that previously.  It now recognises the Arc as a Sonos Arc.
  2. I’ve enabled the white status light
  3. There’s been a Sonos update in the last 3 days

Fingers crossed. I hope this continues in this way.