Sonos Arc Setup “TV Speakers not connected

• 29 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve had my Sonos Arc for about a year now and it was working just fine up until about a week and a half ago when it just completely stop putting out sound from the TV. I reset the Arc to factory settings and went through the setup process again and everything goes smooth until I get to “Use your TV remote to turn on TV speakers in sound settings.” When I hit test connection it says “TV speakers not connected.” Not sure what to do, I’ve unplugged all other hdmi cables, the TV is an LG C9 if that helps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kingd 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, please unplug your TV from power for a couple of minutes. While you are waiting, please ensure the HDMI cable for the Arc is properly seated. Plug the TV back in, turn on, and try once more.

If you don’t then get TV audio through the Arc, please don’t factory-reset again - if it didn’t help the first time, it won’t help in the future. To restart the TV connection setup process, please disconnect the Arc and the other HDMI devices from the TV, go to Settings » System » [room with Arc] » TV Setup (under Home Theatre). Connect the Arc to the TV when the app asks, and reconnect the other HDMI devices when setup has completed.

I hope this helps.