Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yesterday I experienced a problem for the first time.

I was watching a movie with Dolby Atmos on Netflix, paused the movie to answer a phone call, and when I started the movie again, there was no sound.

I unpluged the tv, waited 15 seconds, and started it up again. This fixed the problem, I now have sound again.

I watch Netflix via Apple TV 4K connected to my Samsung 75’ The Frame 2020.

I’ve tried that too, but it’s been awhile. 
I wonder if Sonia/Samsung now just consider this as ‘solved’ although there are still lots of issue. 

I still have warranty on both items, so I am seriously considering returning both items.

Any update here on a permanent fix? 

Badge

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

What’s the status on this issue now? I’m planning to buy a Samsung Q95T TV and Sonos Arc. Is this still an unsolved problem?

If yes, is it really common, or is it just like 1 % of the users who gets this kind of problems with the Arc + Samsung 2020 TV combination?

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

I experienced this for the first time last night on my Q90T + Arc. Sound suddenly cut out when e-Arc was enabled; only way to get any sound at all was to disable e-Arc on the TV (which caused audio delay issues with my Xbox as the passthrough option was then greyed out).

Unplugged the Arc to no avail - only thing that worked was power-cycling the TV. Once I did this, I was able to re-enable e-Arc and audio came through finally. 

This never happened with my old Samsung soundbar, so I have to assume it’s some issue between the Arc and the Q90T. Both are up-to-date on their software, so any solution that may have existed certainly is not bullet proof.

This happened to me for the first time today after having no issues for 3 months. Complete loss of audio between Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc. Pretty frustrating.

Hi!Is the problem regarding eARC Auto-setting solved for 2021 version of The Frame?

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

I have had the same problem with Xbox pass-through via Samsung Frame 75”

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

Has anyone else tried this? Would love some feedback before I begin a new installation next week with a 2020 Frame 65. Is the TV sound adequate if eARC issues dissuade me from going with a soundbar?  Curious if this affects the Art Mode sensor turning on. 

Has this issue been sorted looking at getting a Samsung Q90t but no point until this problem is fixed?

Thanks 

Badge

I have a brand new Samsung Neo QLED (QE65QN95A) and I am not able to make the audio cutting issue go away.
Sonos tech support has said that the Sonos Arc works as intended and that I was using it wrong with my setup (Nvidia Shield). My forum thread.
Truly disappointed in both the product and Sonos customer service.

Has anyone else tried this? Would love some feedback before I begin a new installation next week with a 2020 Frame 65. Is the TV sound adequate if eARC issues dissuade me from going with a soundbar?  Curious if this affects the Art Mode sensor turning on. 

Prefacing this by saying I’ve already downloaded the firmware update from Samsung’s website and installed it via USB and gotten the patch from Sonos support. Neither permanently fixed this issue.

I bought a remote control off Amazon specifically to access the secret menu and turn off instant on (first just one instant on and then both instant on settings- second was “smart instant on”) and still got issues. Seems to most often act up on the native Samsung HBO Max app.

I hooked up a 4k Apple TV and it seemed like, after almost a full year of this headache, it FINALLY fixed my problem! 

Two days later, the sound is going out every 20 minutes while I’m watching a movie. 

I just caved and dropped $200 on the HDFury Arcana. Fingers crossed it fixes it for good, but would be REALLY GREAT if Sonos/Samsung could find a way to work together on this!

First time posting in this thread after reading it obsessively for a year hoping for answers. Will definitely post an update if the Arcana solves the problem. 

If Sonos has indeed followed the specifications for eARC connections, what is it you’re hoping for Sonos to do? The Arc certainly seems to work on all other eARC connections across all appropriate TV sets and even on other TVs from Samsung,  which leads me to think (no proof, just logic) that the implementation of the eARC spec isn’t correct on the Samsung Frame itself. 

Prefacing this by saying I’ve already downloaded the firmware update from Samsung’s website and installed it via USB and gotten the patch from Sonos support. Neither permanently fixed this issue.

I bought a remote control off Amazon specifically to access the secret menu and turn off instant on (first just one instant on and then both instant on settings- second was “smart instant on”) and still got issues. Seems to most often act up on the native Samsung HBO Max app.

I hooked up a 4k Apple TV and it seemed like, after almost a full year of this headache, it FINALLY fixed my problem! 

Two days later, the sound is going out every 20 minutes while I’m watching a movie. 

I just caved and dropped $200 on the HDFury Arcana. Fingers crossed it fixes it for good, but would be REALLY GREAT if Sonos/Samsung could find a way to work together on this!

First time posting in this thread after reading it obsessively for a year hoping for answers. Will definitely post an update if the Arcana solves the problem. 

Been looking at the HDFury Arcana as a quick fix for this issue.  Please let us know if it corrects your problem.

Been looking at the HDFury Arcana as a quick fix for this issue.  Please let us know if it corrects your problem.

Had the HDFury setup for a day now (with the Apple TV 4k plugged into one end of the Arcana and then the other end has cables connecting to the One Connect and the Arc) and so far zero sound issues! Atmos and everything processing fine just fine. Also the dialogue lip synch seems to be perfect where there used to be some issues before.

Will update if there’s any issues, but I seriously wish I did this months ago because it seems like it was an instant fix. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I currently have this issue.  Initially The Frame 55 and my Sonos AMP worked very well together but either a Frame update or a Sonos update has changed something as every few days I need to shut the breaker which powers my entertainment gear (to completed cold reboot the Frame)  Only then does the Sonos Amp get a signal from the Frame over HDMI eARC.  

I have to think it was a SONOS update as Samsung doesn’t push out that many updates if any in the past year.   

Badge

WOW… There seem to be SO many people having issues with the Frame and Arc.  I have just go the Arc, and I am also struggling to get Atmos to play on anything other than Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime! 

I am getting Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 showing up, which does sound absolutely amazing, however I can’t help but feel that I am not getting the most out of my very expensive system.  I also don’t really want to have to purchase and Apple 4K box, just to fix an issue that should be working in the first place, as I have been told by Samsung that The Frame is Atmos compatible with Netflix.

Hoping to see some kind of fix soon. 

Userlevel 7

WOW… There seem to be SO many people having issues with the Frame and Arc.  I have just go the Arc, and I am also struggling to get Atmos to play on anything other than Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime! 

I am getting Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 showing up, which does sound absolutely amazing, however I can’t help but feel that I am not getting the most out of my very expensive system.  I also don’t really want to have to purchase and Apple 4K box, just to fix an issue that should be working in the first place, as I have been told by Samsung that The Frame is Atmos compatible with Netflix.

There are very few shows on Amazon Prime Video that have Dolby Atmos audio. Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, and Susperia are the few that I am aware of. Multichannel PCM 5.1 or Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 is the best you will get from the other shows/films. Test Disney+ or Netflix (with a premium subscription) since they both have MUCH more Atmos content.

Badge

There are very few shows on Amazon Prime Video that have Dolby Atmos audio. Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, and Susperia are the few that I am aware of. Multichannel PCM 5.1 or Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 is the best you will get from the other shows/films. Test Disney+ or Netflix (with a premium subscription) since they both have MUCH more Atmos content.

I have tried Netflix (I have the top subscription) and Disney+, but they are both only playing in Multichannel PCM 5.1.  There is definitely an issue somewhere, just not sure who the fault lies with.

Userlevel 7

@nickpphoto What are your TV’s audio settings set to? Do you have the Streaming Quality on your Netflix account set to High or Auto?

I thought everything was sorted perfectly.    About a month ago I get home from being away for winter, my system was installed when I was gone. Updated Sonos and Samsung, and the system worked flawlessly for weeks.    I then used the Sonia system one night to play music from my phone.   Since then, the TV won’t recognize the Sonia at all.   In expert settings I go and turn on eArc, it shows TV Receiver with no sound for about 5 seconds, then changes itself back to tv speaker.     What the heck!?!?.      Has anyone recently spoken to Sonia support?

I’ve had the HD Arcana for about a week now.  Seems to have fixed the issue.  Do want to point out however that no matter what, I can not get my Samsung Q80T to play Atmos from any of the native apps on the TV.  I hooked up my Apple TV 4K to the Arcana and played a movie with Atmos sound (HBO Max-The Conjuring) and worked perfectly.  The same movie played on the HBO Max app on the TV, no Atmos.  Go figure.

This started happening again tonight 

I think this started happening again tonight