Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

I see the firmware update is now available in the US.

I'm interested to see if this resolves the sync issues as I'm about to purchase a Q80T and Sonos ARC to go with my existing SKY Q UHD and Apple TV 4K setup (PS5 also pre-ordered).

Good luck and look forward to the results!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

I'm interested to see if this resolves the sync issues as I'm about to purchase a Q80T and Sonos ARC to go with my existing SKY Q UHD and Apple TV 4K setup (PS5 also pre-ordered).

Thanks for this! I’ve just tried downloading the update for my TV (Frame 55” 2020), but the TV isn’t recognizing the update. Now I’m trying to solve that problem. Haha

Thanks for this! I’ve just tried downloading the update for my TV (Frame 55” 2020), but the TV isn’t recognizing the update. Now I’m trying to solve that problem. Haha

I’m in the UK and no luck with the update as well! Have tried over the air and USB stick, but isn’t working. 

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

A quick note from our dev team:

We are aware and monitoring an issue when connecting Sonos Arc to late model Samsung TVs via eARC. We are working closely with Samsung to resolve this and will share more as available.

All the best,

Ditte

Dear Ditte,

A few people are reporting improvments due to recent firmware updates from Samsung and Sonos. This is great news. However, the Samsung update seems only to have been made available in the USA so far. Would you share information about when this Samsung update is expected to come to other regions please? 

All the best,

Just spoken to the Samsung UK support team, apparently it's in the works with the engineering team and I'll be notified by e-mail when it's ready.

The US version won't work with the UK sets as thought so best to avoid that.

It's supposed to be ready by the end of October, but this is tentative as no further updates as of yet from HO.

Badge

As a data point, I was able to update my 2020 Frame 55” TV by downloading the software update to a USB stick.  The eARC now works when set to “Auto.”  I can finally see the Dolby Atmos logo in the Sonos app, when using the native Netflix app on the Samsung TV.   However, I’m not able to see the Dolby Atmos or DD+ logo in the Sonos app when using my Xfinity X1 box or other sources. 

I’m still having some lip sync issues, where the video plays slightly before the audio, even when the audio delay is set to zero.  This happens when using the Xfinity box as an input.  I was hoping the software update would fix this.

I’m also still having issues with the audio cutting out periodically, unfortunately.  Power cycling the TV and Xfinity box seems to fix this.   I’m not sure what causes this.  Maybe a future Samsung or Sonos software update will fix this too.

Quick update. I got the firmware update installed on the Samsung. Problem was my USB stick was formatted for MacOS. I reformatted it to Fat32 and was able to use the update.

I’m now able to enable eARC mode on the Samsung Frame 55. 

Does anyone have the firmware for the Samsung frame that would work in australia ? The us version does not seem to take for aus model

Does anyone have the firmware for the Samsung frame that would work in australia ? The us version does not seem to take for aus model

I’m in Aus too. 

Software update available this afternoon. version 1402. 

eARC now working with Sonos Arc. 
I have Q95T 75” with oneconnect box (which seemed to be the catalyst of the problems). 

Thats good news! However the update for the Frame 2020 TV does not seem to be out yet!

I hope this will be released bloody soon :) thanks 

Quick update. I got the firmware update installed on the Samsung. Problem was my USB stick was formatted for MacOS. I reformatted it to Fat32 and was able to use the update.

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

Sonos Arc – Latest Sonos firmware

Samsung Frame 55 2020 – version 1402

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

I’ve got the same setup you have. I’m not (yet) experiencing the sound cut-out issue, but now Atmos content isn’t playing. (Well, it plays it, but not in Atmos.) Nice that eARC works, but I’d like to get Atmos back. When your sound is working, is Atmos working?

I’ve got the same setup you have. I’m not (yet) experiencing the sound cut-out issue, but now Atmos content isn’t playing. (Well, it plays it, but not in Atmos.) Nice that eARC works, but I’d like to get Atmos back. When your sound is working, is Atmos working?

Yep, Atmos works!

Badge

I am so glad there has been an update also for Europe and the Netherlands. I was also having this issue with my Samsung Frame 2020 QE65LS03 model and the Sonos ARC connected on the HDMI eARC port. eARC configuration was set to off on the tv and I had breaking sound issue from TV.

Update is now available from NL and I am going to install it this weekend. Finally 👌👌👌

https://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/QE65LS03TASXXN/

Upgrade File(USB type) Versie 1402.6 (MULTI-TAAL): All OS 2020-10-08

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Same for me. Installed latest Sonos and Samsung Updates. EARC is now working but still experiencing the cut-out/stuttering issue after some time in Standby/off mode (not Art Mode).

Poweroff ARC helps. But not really useful to have every day power off/on… :(

Any idea?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Same goes for me. Have the 1402.1 update. Cut in and out is VERY bad. Everything seemed find with the 1402 upadate, but went downhill with the 1402.1. It’s interesting, when The cutout’s happen, Arc set on Auto, I can visibly see the Sound input go from Earc to HDMI…..Thats when the cutoff happens. 

As it stands my Arc and 5.1 system are worthless. I can play music though, through streaming with NO issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

As it stands my Arc and 5.1 system are worthless. I can play music though, through streaming with NO issues. 

Useless seems an exaggeration. You could always use an optical cable from the TV to the Arc (via the adapter) to stop Samsung screwing with the audio signal over HDMI, until they fix their firmware.

Useless seems an exaggeration. You could always use an optical cable from the TV to the Arc (via the adapter) to stop Samsung screwing with the audio signal over HDMI, until they fix their firmware.

paying $$$$ (or €€€€) for an TV plus Sonos ARC I am expecting more than using optical adaptor in a year of 2020. want to use Atmos and also one remote for TV and Sound. Both not working via optical.

I was happy reading that latest firmware (Sonos+Samsung) fixes the issue but unfortunately not in my setup.

Are there and ideas why it works for others? Or did anybody special activities to make it working? Eg factory reset or something else?

I’m in Canada and did the Samsung firmware update with a USB drive and it worked fine.  The EARC auto setting now works fine, but I still get the audio cutting in and out issue.  This was happening about 1 in 5 times I would turn on the TV and unplugging the Arc from power and plugging it back in always fixes it.

I’m on the latest firmware 1402.7 (I’m in Australia) and I have eARC working on Auto now, Dolby Atmos is working. Unfortunately, I also have the cutting in and out issues when turning on the Q95T TV and ARC from standby. But it doesn't happen everytime I turn on the TV, it’s random, so I don’t know what going on. 

Badge

I am so glad there has been an update also for Europe and the Netherlands. I was also having this issue with my Samsung Frame 2020 QE65LS03 model and the Sonos ARC connected on the HDMI eARC port. eARC configuration was set to off on the tv and I had breaking sound issue from TV.

Update is now available from NL and I am going to install it this weekend. Finally 👌👌👌

https://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/QE65LS03TASXXN/

Upgrade File(USB type) Versie 1402.6 (MULTI-TAAL): All OS 2020-10-08

Installed the 1402 update with an USB disk! Searching online didn’t work so far when trying it out on Friday! After little 15 minutes for downloading, extracting the EXE file to USB and updating the TV I made it without any issues. 

Reconfigured audio settings to enable eARC option on my Samsung Frame and all works well for the last couple of days. Both Sonos and Samsung made the updates available. Thank you for that! For me I had the struggle for little 4 weeks and with both premium brands I am satisficed with provided results so far.

I made my wife also happy by configuring an alarm with her favorite radio station as Google Assistant  ignored her command :) and doesn’t want to play requested radio station. I am happy Sonos customer from the Netherlands 👌. The only thing pending at my to-do’s is to get real Dolby Atomos content and experience that with this Sonos Arc beast.

Watched a movie with Dolby Atmos, the movie went for 1 ½ hours and I had 3 audio drop outs that lasted for about 2-3 seconds each time. For what you pay for this A/V combination it’s pretty disappointing, these problems need to get sorted. I’m the latest firmware with both the TV and Arc. 

Here are my findings after having updated the Q80T, Apple TV 4K and Sonos firmware:

Lip syncing issues only fixed by:

• TV set to E-arc Auto
  • Delay to zero on Sky Q, Q80T and Apple TV 4K
  • Q80T set to passthrough and Atmos compatibility on

The next day (with no changes to setup) the sound kept cutting out, the only fix for me was to unplug the Arc and plug back in again, no lip syncing problems again and this has only happened once so far.

I've not yet experienced Atmos via SKY Q (shown in Sonos App when output)

Neither via the Apple TV app on Q80T, but I get Atmos using my physical Apple TV 4K

Also watching a Atmos video on YouTube does not output Atmos via the Q80T or Apple TV 4K youtube app?

Alexa very sensitive on the Arc, often overtaking Alexa in another room.

Grouping all downstairs Sonos speakers when listening to radio and switching the TV on automatically unpairs the Arc and Sub and reverts to outputting the source sound which works well.

Last weekend I (living in the Netherlands) received the Sonos Arc and the Samsung Frame 65” (65LS03T). I've updated the Frame firmware with version 1402.6. After this I could use eARC and play movies with Dolby Atmos. 

However, when I turn the TV + Sonos on (after it being of for the night or just few minutes), there is the breaking sounds for a few seconds at a time. Only after a complete poweroff / disconnect the power the sound is back to normal (and then, everything works like a charm). Hope Samsung comes with a few, or even Sonos for that matter - not sure whom to blame :-)